Social Media has become a global phenomenon. This is especially true of YouTube.
- YouTube has over a billion users
- It reaches more people than cable tv networks
- 80% of YouTube views are outside of the United States
- More than half the views on YouTube are from mobile devices
- YouTube offers massive global reach (it offers local versions in over 70 countries and in 76 different languages)
But the most amazing thing about YouTube is that it’s free. Anyone can upload original video content to YouTube and use this amazing social media platform to promote a product, message, or drive traffic to a website. What’s not to like? YouTube can become one of your most effective marketing tools at a fraction of the cost of conventional advertising.
Facebook is the most popular social network in the world.
Although Facebook is completely free to use, it now permits paid advertising on it’s platform. Because of the wealth of demographic data collected by Facebook, it offers unique opportunities to promote products and services to extremely targeted demographic segments.
In a sense, it’s a marketers dream because the ads are delivered only to relevant Facebook users.
Are you making the most of these exciting opportunities to promote your products and services?